Bachelor of Accounting
Develop the expertise and competencies to adapt and thrive in the fast paced financial, consulting and accounting sectors. Accredited by CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, this degree provides a strong foundation in accounting principles and processes, management accounting, business law, economics, finance, computer information systems, auditing, and taxation law, international accounting developments and standards, and current issues in financial reporting. In addition, students will develop the ‘soft’ skills (eg interpersonal skills, communication, organisational skills, teamwork) that accountants need to deal with clients and grow businesses.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Business at Flinders
- Learn how to analyse, interpret and communicate financial information by applying accounting principles
- Develop skills in accounting principles, financial accounting processes, financial management and corporations law
- Accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Succeed in your studies with mentoring and specialised tutor programs
- High demand for graduates with accounting skills and knowledge
- Learn practical business skills at Flinders’ New Venture Institute
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Extensive opportunities exist for Flinders accounting graduates across business, government and not for profit sectors, both in Australia and internationally. They will develop a strong multidisciplinary focus, giving them a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Potential occupations include:
- graduate consultant
- graduate audit analyst
- graduate taxation advisor.
Potential employers include:
- accounting firms
- financial management firms
- investment advisory organisations
- financial planning firms
- government departments
This degree is accredited by Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA Australia) and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ). It satisfies the admission requirements of professional bodies such as CPA Australia, CAANZ, and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).