Bachelor of Creative Arts (Costume Design) (VET pathway)
Bring characters to life through costume design.
This VET pathway degree is specifically designed for applicants who have completed either the VET Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology, the Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising or the two-year Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising.
|Duration:||1.5 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Adelaide CBD, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Adelaide CBD|
Why study Costume Design at Flinders
- Study a degree that enables you to focus on both costume design and production
- Develop a comprehensive blend of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills
- Work on real-life performances and gain experience in production settings
- Access dedicated workshop spaces to design and construct your costumes
- Connect with other creative artists to get a taste of real-life collaboration in the industry
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Access dedicated workshop teaching spaces to design and construct costumes.
- Work on real-life performances, either within the University or in industry.
- Learn to address issues in costume design and construction such as free movement for performers in dance or theatre, continuity issues for screen, and textile manipulation and moulding for cosplay.
- Build an impressive portfolio for a career in your chosen field.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Flinders graduates include award-winning actors, animators, directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and writers. Your diverse range of skills and portfolio of creative achievements will make you attractive to a wide range of employers in the arts and communication industries internationally.
Potential occupations include:
- costume designer
- costume buyer
- costume maker
- wardrobe manager
- costume technician.