Bachelor of Creative Arts (Fashion) (VET pathway)
Stitch together the skills for a bespoke career in fashion.
This VET pathway is specifically designed for applicants who have completed either the VET Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology, the VET Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising or the VET Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising.
The degree will prepare graduates to be professionally qualified fashion industry participants, able to fulfil a broad range of career opportunities in fashion and related industries.
|Duration:||1.5 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Adelaide CBD, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Adelaide CBD|
Why study Fashion at Flinders
- Study a unique combination of hands-on garment design and production, creative arts topics, and business and cultural aspects of the industry
- Specialise in either small-scale business, such as custom garment design, or large-scale business, such as global fashion brands
- Work in dedicated fashion workshops for an enriched experience
- Gain insight into the business side of the industry, including valuable skills in communication for the offshore production environment
- Learn about computer-aided design technologies that contribute to design, production and marketing processes
What you will study
Students in the VET pathway will study topics such as: Art, Culture and the History of Fashion; Digital Media and Graphic Design for Fashion; Textiles Theory and Practice; Marketing Principles; Consumer Behaviour; Academic and Professional Communication; Environment, Economy and Culture; Entrepreneurship and Small Business.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Flinders graduates include award-winning actors, animators, directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and writers. Your diverse range of skills and portfolio of creative achievements will make you attractive to a wide range of employers in the arts and communication industries internationally.
Potential occupations include:
- fashion designer
- product developer
- garment technician
- production assistant
- fashion design assistant.