Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Effects and Entertainment Design) (Honours)
Build a world-class entertainment design portfolio.
Equip yourself with the creative, practical, critical and collaborative skills necessary to pursue a career in visual effects and entertainment design. This degree provides you with the professional skills of digital media production and a broad knowledge of screen media. Develop skills in a range of areas suitable to your interests and skills, such as 2D and 3D animation, game art, and entertainment design with CDW Studios.
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Tuition Fee:||$29,000 per year|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Prerequisites:||Portfolio, CV and written statement.|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Visual Effects and Entertainment Design at Flinders
- Ranked no. 1 digital illustration school in The Rookies, Best Creative Media and Entertainment Schools report 2017
- Create your portfolio while leaning from current industry professionals
- Explore the connections between technology and the creative arts
- Combine study and practice while working solo and in creative teams
- Learn from academic and professional experts in VFX, 2D and 3D animation, game design, concept art and illustration
- Gain an in-depth understanding the theory and the practice of digital media entertainment production
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Gain hands-on practical experience and produce short films, animations, graphic novels and games for a professional portfolio.
- Undertake a range of industry placements and learn directly from the best.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Flinders graduates include 2D concept artist and 3D modellers, animators, matte painters, cinematographers, editors, illustrators, producers VFX artists. Your diverse range of skills and portfolio of creative achievements will make you attractive to a wide range of employers in the arts and communication industries internationally.
Potential occupations include:
- concept artist
- animator (2D or 3D)
- digital designer
- production artist
- game developer
Potential employers include:
- television stations
- other media production companies.