Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Effects and Entertainment Design)
Bring your art to life.
Game of Thrones fans, Fortnite addicts and Pixar lovers, turn your passion into a successful career in the exciting world of film, television, gaming, animation and digital design.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Tuition Fee:||$30,500 per year|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Prerequisites:||Portfolio, CV and written statement.|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Flinders and CDW Studios combine forces to offer this hands-on degree; with a range of specialised streams, small class sizes and hands-on experience, you’ll emerge career-ready with a world-class portfolio under your arm.
With the same core instructors throughout your program of study and input from 15 industry professionals who have worked across major film and game projects including The Avengers, World of Warcraft, Disney and the Lego movie, you’ll acquire the skills, mindset and contacts needed to reach the top of your game in your dream career. You’ll also have access to regular masterclasses run by an international industry leader. And you’ll be invited to take part in ‘The Rookies’ an awards and mentor platform with competition from over 180 other design schools.
Why study Visual Effects and Entertainment Design at Flinders
- Ranked no. 1 digital illustration school in The Rookies, Best Creative Media and Entertainment Schools report 2017 and 2018
- Practice-based courses linked directly to industry skills
- Expert tutors with ongoing industry experience on major projects
- Opportunity to take part in ‘The Rookies’ global competition
- Growing demand internationally and locally
- Study 2D, 3D, Animation, VFX
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Gain hands-on practical experience and produce short films, animations, graphic novels and games for a professional portfolio.
- Undertake a range of industry placements and learn directly from the best.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Flinders graduates include 2D concept artist and 3D modellers, animators, matte painters, cinematographers, editors, illustrators, producers VFX artists. Your diverse range of skills and portfolio of creative achievements will make you attractive to a wide range of employers in the arts and communication industries internationally.
Potential occupations include:
- concept artist
- animator (2D or 3D)
- digital designer
- production artist
- game developer
Potential employers include:
- Film and television
- Digital media and design companies
- VFX companies
- Video game developers
Other media production companies including: