Bachelor of Creative Industries (Digital Media)
Learn from digital media industry leaders and fast track your creative career.
This degree will help you build towards a successful career in the creative industries. You’ll gain hands-on knowledge in areas such as production, post-production and technical developments in exciting fields including post-production, digital visual effects, animation, games development and interactive media. Taught by leading experts, this degree offers regular access to industry experts and practising artists, and the opportunity to connect with industry from day one. You’ll graduate with a portfolio of creative achievements that will help you to gain employment in games, entertainment and digital media roles.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Creative Industries (Digital Media) at Flinders
- Ranked world’s number 1 digital illustration school in The Rookies, Best Creative Media and Entertainment Schools report 2017 & 2018
- You’ll gain a broad skillset in the growing digital media industry, particularly in production, project management, post-production and technical developments
- Study practice-based courses linked directly to industry skills
- Taught by industry-leading teaching staff with global industry connections
- Build a world-class portfolio to gain employment in the industry
Practical experience is embedded in each year of the course. You’ll study screen production, graphic design and multimedia skills, using a variety of technologies and applications. In your third year, you’ll apply these skills to the development of your own significant project.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
This degree will open the doors to a range of career opportunities in games, entertainment and digital media, and the broader creative industries. You’ll graduate with portable skills and knowledge applicable to a wide range of roles.
Potential occupations include:
- concept artist
- production manager
- production artist
- graphic designer
- web and software development
- marketing and communications
- digital content producer
Potential employers include:
- web and software developers
- media corporations
- news corporations
- freelance work and independent productions