Bachelor of Drama
Make a dramatic statement about your future.
Explore your passion for drama and performance with the longest established program of its kind in South Australia. Flinders graduates include award-winning actors, animators, directors, cinematographers, editors, producers and writers.
A major in Drama offers a foundation in the theory and practice of theatre and screen, from Greek tragedies to Shakespeare to post-modern innovation. You’ll try your hand at movement, voice, improvisation and Stanislavskian techniques in drama workshop and classes—in spaces that include the 425-seat Matthew Flinders Theatre, dance and voice training studios, television studio, and ‘black-box’ studio.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Drama?
- Explore a broad range of performance styles and theories
- Attend and critique live performances and screenings throughout your degree
- Increase you knowledge of the history of the performing arts
- Develop your ability to think, speak and write about performance
What you will study
- Companies and directors
- Theories and performance
- Stage and screen
- Song and dance
- Asian dramatic traditions
- Festivals: performance and curation
- Cultural policy
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Explore a career in the performance industry.
Potential occupations include:
- performing and community arts manager
- performing arts and events coordinator
- arts policy advisor
- public speaker
- arts writer and critic
- performance artist
- events management
- art administrator or critic.
Potential employers include:
- media production companies
- educational providers
- television stations
- events, public relations and tourism companies.