Bachelor of Media and Communication
Prepare for a career in the media, communications and multimedia industries.
Designed and developed with the industry in mind, in this degree you’ll gain the skills to research, write, design and produce content for the ever-changing media landscape. Get equipped to persuade and inform different audiences, create graphics and images, publish and maintain communication on various platforms, and undertake marketing/public relations activities. You’ll also develop practical industry knowledge and the contacts to graduate prepared for a challenging career.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Tuition Fee:||$30,500 per year|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Media and Communication at Flinders
- No. 1 in SA in Communications for overall quality of educational experience and teaching quality*
- The only degree in South Australia targeting the new professions in global communication
- Learn from industry leaders
- Gain the skills needed for cutting edge careers in media, communications and multimedia
- Research, write, design and produce communication content for a range of media platforms
- Gain hands-on, industry experience with work integrated learning
- This degree is evidence based: it links theory and research with practical applications
- Develop visual and written communication skills to present information in a variety of disciplines and collaborative situations
- Critically evaluate the role of communication and media in contemporary society
- Explore the role of culture in international media practices and policies
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for a range of international careers, through hands-on experience, as well as skills in conceptual rigour and critical thinking, all of which increase your professional versatility.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Potential occupations include:
- chief communications officer
- social media specialist
- public relations officer
- marketing specialist
- media liaison
- content strategist
- digital copywriter.
Potential employers include:
- multinational news and entertainment corporations
- theatre/dance companies
- local and national government
- advertising agencies.