Bachelor of Disability and Developmental Education
Develop the knowledge and skills to shape an inclusive society.
Enjoy a highly sought-after career qualification in a growing sector as a Developmental Educator and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner. Grounded in a human rights approach, graduates will be equipped to provide evidence-based services and interventions including therapeutic and positive behaviour supports for children and adults with diverse needs. Work with multi-disciplinary teams in government or private organisations or set up your own private practice, register with the NDIS, practice in early intervention, community settings, aged care – the options are endless.
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Disability and Developmental Education at Flinders
- This course teaches you specialist skills to develop and implement holistic and person-centred therapeutic and positive behavioural supports for people with disability
- This degree is grounded in inclusive, human rights based approaches with contributions from disability studies, sociology, psychology, speech pathology and health
- Take on practical experience that prepares you for the work force, including four placements that build your skills and knowledge for a career as a Developmental Educator and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Study anywhere in Australia, with all topics available online.
- Take advantage of interstate and overseas placement opportunities from your second year
- Prepare for a career that helps make a difference in people’s lives
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
- developmental educator
- positive behaviour support practitioner
- NDIS support coordinator
- case manager
- program coordinator
- disability employment consultant.
Potential employers include:
- disability support services
- government sector/NDIS
- non-government agencies
- private sector
- Graduates are eligible for full membership with Developmental Educators Australia Inc.