Bachelor of Education (Primary) and General Science
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||65|
|Delivery mode:||On campus|
Why study Education (Primary R-7) and General Science course at Flinders University:
- Gain all the skills and knowledge required to become a registered primary school teacher
- Earn a double degree in only four years that includes an general science degree
- Get work-ready with professional experience placements in primary schools where you can put your skills and knowledge into practice as a student teacher
- Reflect critically on teaching, theory and life to achieve excellence and creativity in your teaching practice
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Your Bachelor of General Science will also make you suitable for positions in a range of government and private industry settings.
Potential occupations include:
- primary school science teacher
- graduate administrative officer
- youth and children’s support officer.
Potential employers include:
- primary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- government and private industry settings.
Upon successful completion you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.