Bachelor of Education (Secondary) and Science
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||65|
|Delivery mode:||On campus|
Why study Education (Secondary) and Science course at Flinders University:
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to register as a teacher in secondary school
- Earn a double degree in only four years that includes an education degree with a science degree
- Get work-ready with teaching professional experience placements in secondary schools where you can learn practical skills, put theory into practice, and develop important relationships with students, parents and colleagues
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
This double degree prepares you to be a scientist in a particular field of endeavour and to adapt the scientific skills to a broad range of careers in addition to the teaching profession. Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways.
Potential occupations include:
- secondary science teacher
- graduate administrative officer
- youth and children’s support officer.
Potential employers include:
- secondary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- government and private industry settings.
Upon successful completion you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.