Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Health Sciences
Enhance your secondary teaching with a health sciences specialisation.
Equip yourself with the skills to become a registered secondary school teacher. The course is taken as a double degree with a Bachelor of Health Sciences, providing core health sciences topics and a choice from one of two specialisation options.
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||65|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Secondary Education / Health Sciences at Flinders
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to register as a teacher in secondary school
- Earn a double degree in only four years that includes an education degree with a health sciences degree
- Get work-ready with professional experience placements in secondary schools where you can learn practical skills, put theory into practice, and develop important relationships with students, parents and colleagues
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Undertake extensive professional experience placements to develop and consolidate your teaching knowledge and skills in order to meet the necessary national standards for registration as a teacher.
- Learn vital interpersonal skills to form cooperative and effective professional relationships with students, staff and parents.
What you’ll need
A Child-Related Employment Screening must be completed before undertaking a placement in your first semester.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways.
Potential occupations include:
- secondary teacher
- graduate administrative officer
- youth and children’s support officer.
Potential employers include:
- secondary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- government, health and private industry settings.
Upon successful completion you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.