Bachelor of General Science and Master of Teaching (Primary R 7)
If you are a high-achieving student who is sure of your choice of a teaching career, the Bachelor of General Science/Master of Teaching (Primary R-7) is designed to prepare you with the background and skills necessary to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. You will receive the breadth and depth of knowledge necessary to teach in primary schools from reception to year seven, plus the broad foundation skills required to teach science at a primary level.
|Duration:||5 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||65|
|Delivery mode:||On campus|
Why study Bachelor of General Science and Master of Teaching (Primary R 7) at Flinders University:
- Gain all the skills and knowledge required to become a registered primary school teacher
- Undertake professional experience placements in primary schools where you can put your skills and knowledge into practice as a student teacher
- Reflect critically on teaching, theory and life to achieve excellence and creativity in your teaching practice
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. Your Bachelor of General Science will also make you suitable for positions in a range of government and private industry settings.
Potential occupations include:
- primary school science teacher
- graduate administrative officer
- youth and children’s support officer.
Potential employers include:
- primary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- government and private industry settings.
Upon successful completion you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.