Bachelor of Languages and Master of Teaching (Secondary)
If you are a high-achieving student who is sure of your choice of a teaching career, the Bachelor of Languages/Master of Teaching (Secondary) is designed to prepare you with the background and skills necessary to enter the teaching profession with confidence and competence. You will become equipped with all the necessary skills to become a registered secondary school teacher, and to teach two secondary school subjects related to languages.
|Duration:||5 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||65|
|Delivery mode:||On campus|
Why study Bachelor of Languages and Master of Teaching (Secondary) at Flinders University:
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to register as a teacher in secondary school
- Undertake teaching professional experience placements in secondary schools where you can learn practical skills, put theory into practice, and develop important relationships with students, parents and colleagues
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways.
Potential occupations include:
- secondary language teacher
- graduate administrative officer
- youth and children’s support officer.
Potential employers include:
- secondary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- government and private industry settings.
Upon successful completion you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia. Graduates looking for employment in other parts of Australia and overseas may be required to meet additional conditions.