Bachelor of Engineering Science
Gain the foundations for further study in engineering or for a career in an engineering-related field.
The degree provides study in the fundamentals of engineering science and provides not only a solid engineering degree but also a pathway to a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or a Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree. The degree offers specialisations in:
- biomedical engineering
- civil engineering
- electrical and electronic engineering
- mechanical engineering.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Tonsley|
Why study Engineering Science at Flinders
- Learn the fundamental science that underpins engineering and how to apply those principles in practice
- Choose a specialisation in biomedical, civil, electrical and electronic, mechanical, or software engineering
- Provides a pathway to a four-year accredited Bachelor of Engineering in an engineering field of your choice
- No prerequisites or assumed knowledge
- Provides additional topics and support for students who do not have a background in mathematics and physics
- Access purpose-built state-of-the-art teaching and laboratory facilities at Tonsley
The degree provides you with practical experience, helping you graduate work-ready.
- Gain hands-on exposure to the cutting-edge equipment and facilities of Flinders University’s new technology precinct at Tonsley.
- Undertake an integrated high-technology design consulting project, putting what you learn into practice.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Graduates obtain employment in a variety of sectors including engineering firms, consultancies, education, small business, government and defence.
Potential occupations include:
- customer support engineer
- project manager
- process development engineer/ scientist
- systems engineer
- process and automation engineer
- integration specialist.