Bachelor of Engineering (Software) (Honours)
Combine the skill of engineering with the power of computer technology.
Widen your career opportunities with this future-oriented course, study with either an electronics or computer science focus. Learn engineering principles and programming languages to build software products for robots or driverless vehicles, design apps, develop computer games, and run network control systems. This degree will provide you with a solid foundation in the technical and professional skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in the software industry.
|Duration:||4 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Tonsley|
Why study Engineering Science at Flinders
- Develop technical and professional software skills
- Specifically created for students looking to work as professional software engineers
- Access purpose-built state-of-the-art teaching and laboratory facilities at Tonsley
- Nationally recognised integrated work placement gives you practical industry experience
- Prepares you to meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineer status upon graduation
The degree provides you with practical experience, helping you graduate work-ready.
- You’ll have the opportunity to undertake a 20-week industry placement as part of your degree. One of the longest work placements offered in Australia, it enables you to work alongside professional engineers tackling real-world problems.
- Gain hands-on exposure to the cutting-edge equipment and facilities of Flinders University’s new technology precinct at Tonsley.
- Undertake an integrated high-technology design consulting project, putting what you learn into practice.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
This course provides you with a solid foundation in the technical and professional skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career, as well as recognising that in a fast-moving modern world you need to be professionally mobile and flexible.
- Engineering software developer
- Graduate Linux developer
- Java developer
- Platforms engineer
- Graduate technical analyst.
Potential employers include:
- BAE Systems Australia
- Australian National Audit Office
- Lockheed Martin.
This degree is accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer. Professional engineering courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Washington Accord. Graduates meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered professional engineering status. This course is also accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the professional level. Courses accredited at this level by the Australian Computer Society are recognised internationally under the Seoul Accord.