Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity
Spread your enthusiasm for sport and health through active careers.
Develop an understanding of the impact of sport and physical activity in the context of a healthy lifestyle. This degree sets the foundations for you to become an effective professional in sport and physical activity careers, giving you a wide knowledge base in areas including health, tourism, nutrition, disability and business.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus|
Why study Sport, Health and Physical Activity at Flinders University:
- Become an effective sport and physical activity professional and advocate
- Introduces you to the diversity across fields of sport and physical activity
- Combine the study of sport and physical activity with other areas including health and nutrition, and tourism and business
- Choose unique topics in strength and conditioning coaching in resistance training, and exercise in musculoskeletal physiology
- Gain an understanding of the significance of sport and physical activity for a healthy lifestyle
- Develop contacts and networks with local and national sporting clubs, associations, and health and tourism marketing organisations
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
The Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity will prepare graduates for a career in the sport development, sport coaching, leisure, health, sport and event management industries, and provide a pathway to further studies in physical education teaching through the Master of Teaching courses.
Potential occupations include:
- association and clubs development officer
- umpiring coordinator
- council sport and recreation officer
- sport coach
- sport development officer
Students successfully completing five option topics in the strength and conditioning stream are eligible for Australian Strength and Conditioning Association level one accreditation.