Bachelor of Applied Geographical Information Systems
Prepare for a variety of career paths related to the capture, synthesis, analysis and communication of spatially related information. You will gain the expertise to use smart technologies to tackle real-world problems. The degree provides training for a rewarding career in the field, with excellent facilities and innovative teaching and research.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Tuition Fee:||$36,000 per year|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Develop on-the-job use of a range of relevant digital technologies in our dedicated Spatial Information Systems Laboratory.
- Benefit from teaching and research in ground-based LIDAR and image spectrophotometers.
- Develop contacts and work skills through an industry placement in an environmental agency.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
The degree meets the growing need for specialists who know how to use these highly sophisticated systems. There is a strong demand for GIS skills across a range of areas including biodiversity and natural resources management, urban planning, mining and exploration, archaeology, transportation, and infrastructure management.
Potential occupations include:
- GIS analyst
- GIS data coordinator
- spatial information officer
- land resource information officer
- GIS and knowledge management officer.
Potential employers include:
- regional development centres
- agriculture and horticultural centres
- not-for-profit agencies
- private companies that supply or collect spatial information.