Bachelor of Information Technology
Get equipped with all the technical and practical skills for a rewarding long-term career in a range of areas. The IT industry is an exciting innovator and helps solve problems in business, commerce, defence, medical research, climate change and the environment. Tailor your studies to suit your interests.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Tonsley|
Why study Information Technology at Flinders
- Get real-world experience and learn how the IT workplace operates through industry placements
- Gain up-to-the-minute knowledge in IT from guest lecturers to complement your learning
- Graduate with in-demand skills across industries
- Analyse, design, implement and manage IT across any enterprise
- Specialise in areas such as network or website management, database administration, technical writing and software engineering
- Combines technical prowess with the people-oriented skills required of IT workers
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Develop all the necessary applied and practical skills for a career in IT.
- Undertake industry-oriented project work.
- Take the opportunity to gain first-hand industry experience with a 12-week industry placement.
- Focus on skills in written and oral presentation, professionalism and teamwork for important vocational capabilities.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
IT drives innovation and assists us to solve problems in areas such as medical research, climate change, the environment, and business. It is an area of continual growth and has become integral to everything we do. Graduates find employment in software development, applications development, customer support and service, computer systems support, network management, database administration and website development.
Potential occupations include:
- application support analyst
- business intelligence consultant
- graduate developer
- graduate IT consultant
- level one graduate IT help desk analyst.
This degree is accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the professional level. Courses accredited at this level by the Australian Computer Society are recognised internationally under the Seoul Accord.