Bachelor of Paramedic Science
Deliver best-practice patient care from site to hospital.
Develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes to manage pre-hospital emergency and non-emergency situations in a manner consistent with best practice. This is an approved degree for anyone seeking a career as a paramedic with an Australian state ambulance service or a research career in pre-hospital science. Graduates may also qualify for employment with ambulance services in international jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Paramedic Science at Flinders
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) approved program for first professional registration as a Paramedic under the National Law
- Provides the knowledge, skills and judgment to deliver pre-hospital emergency care in a professional manner
- Has a strong focus on paramedic-specific clinical practice but includes broader studies in the health sciences relevant to healthcare delivery
- Conforms to the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines as they relate to advanced life support and other specific emergencies
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Perform shifts with patient transport services, emergency support services and an emergency operations centre in first year.
- Perform approximately 300 hours of emergency ambulance placements with SA Ambulance Service in the second and third years to consolidate your clinical and theoretical understanding in real-life situations.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
This program will equip you to apply for employment with a range of domestic and international organisations including South Australian Ambulance Service, Ambulance Victoria, St John Ambulance Australia, UK National Health Service Trust ambulance services (London Ambulance Service, Yorkshire Ambulance Service, South Central Ambulance Service, North East Ambulance Service, South East Coast Ambulance Service).
Potential occupations include:
- paramedic intern
- graduate paramedic
- communications officer
- emergency services/rescue officer
- mine site paramedic
- industrial paramedic
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) approved program for first professional registration as a Paramedic under the National Law.