Bachelor of Midwifery (Preregistration)
Provide midwifery care to women, babies, their families and communities.
Get equipped with the essential skills to provide high quality, safe and effective woman-centred care. With a focus on the principles of primary health care and continuity of care, you will develop an understanding of various midwifery models to enable you to apply theory and skills in your daily practice.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||58|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Midwifery at Flinders
- Gain all the skills and knowledge required to register as a practising midwife with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Undertake professional placements in all areas including antenatal, labour, birthing, postnatal and special care nursery
- Develop your skills in state-of-the-art clinical laboratories, which include simulation equipment
- Learn to be a confident and responsible professional who provides support, care and advice to women before, during and after childbirth
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
A range of programs with limited places may be available in public and private hospitals to assist graduate registered midwives in their first year of practice, with clinical rotations, preceptorship, and educational support throughout their progression.
Your degree is the first step towards a range of employment opportunities including registered midwife positions in settings such as:
- midwifery group practice
- antenatal education
- community health
- private practice.
Potential employers include:
- public and private hospitals
- community health organisations
- medical practices.
This degree is accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council. Graduates of this degree are eligible to apply for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as registered midwives.