Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology and Aquaculture)
Apply the science of sea life to the business of aquaculture.
Combine studies in aquacultural production technologies and business skills with scientific study of the diversity of life in the sea. This double specialisation will equip you to take up positions in either the research or applied science sectors.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Start Date:||March, July|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Marine Biology and Aquaculture at Flinders
- Gain a double specialisation in marine biology and aquaculture in just three years
- Make the beach and ocean your classroom and get hands-on experience during fieldtrips
- No background in science required, just an inquiring mind
- Acquire extensive knowledge in marine biodiversity, ecology, genetics, conservation, fisheries and related areas
- Develop practical and theoretical skills for a career in the aquaculture industry
- Gain a broad understanding of the biology of marine organisms, their relationships with the physicochemical marine environment, and their potential responses to changes
- Learn from internationally eminent marine biologists and oceanographers
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Get hands-on laboratory experience.
- Undertake professional placement in an aquaculture industry.
- Complete self-directed research projects
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student