Bachelor of Science (Physics)
Master the enabling science for a technical career and infinite possibilities.
Gain a solid foundation in physics and mathematics, and acquire extensive knowledge in the area. You will learn to understand physics at a deeper level, apply scientific principles in a physics context, and understand the role of physics in society.
|Duration:||3 years full-time|
|Location:||Bedford Park, Australia|
Knowledge of SACE stage two mathematical methods and physics or equivalent is assumed.
|Pearson overall score:||50|
|Delivery mode:||On campus: Bedford Park|
Why study Physics at Flinders
- Use your mathematical ability as a language for physics
- Develop an intuitive knowledge of physics principles
- Operate the scientific instruments commonly used in physics
- Retrieve and present information about physics in a scientific manner, including communicating effectively with a variety of audiences
The degree provides you with practical experience that prepares you for the workforce.
- Develop experimental physics skills.
- Take advantage of available placement opportunities.
“I had a nice relationship with all my lecturers. They were committed to helping you out with everything, especially if you showed that you cared about your work. Uni organised for me to go to Flinders Partners to work on software for innovation management. I was so pleased when they offered me a full-time position.”
Nadine Saadi // Flinders University student
Diverse employment opportunities exist in a range of areas such as optics and photonics, telecommunications, micro-electronics, nano-electronics, instrumentation development, acoustics, geophysics and meteorology.
Potential occupations include:
- graduate physicist
- defence scientist
- research scientist in sonar systems
- scientific officer
- junior quantitative researcher – systematic trading strategies.
The degree is designed to be accredited by the Australian Institute of Physics